Perception Modification Online Courseteach animals to cope with stressors & manage their emotions
Teach animals to cope with stressors and manage their emotions!
Countless dogs live with limited freedoms because they reactive explosively of fearfully to the stimuli of every day life in the modern world. Others are plagued by phobias, gripped by the terror that consumes them, be it from the sound of thunder, sudden movements by strangers, fireworks, or other dogs. Every year, millions of dogs lose their homes or their lives because they are unable to manage their emotions and cope with stressors they encounter. Whether you are a dog trainer, a veterinarian, a vet technician, a shelter volunteer, or someone looking to help an animal in your life, this course will enable you to free animals from the fears and triggers that negatively affect their lives. Kayce Cover’s famed conditioned relaxation process is the foundation upon which the Perception Modification system is built. It is a system that teaches animals to recognize and manage their own state of mind. The implications of this ability are far reaching. Perception Modification enables dogs and other animals to overcome “reactive” (“aggressive”) behaviors, fears and phobias that, unchecked, negatively impact their quality of life and often dramatically affect the lives of the people they live with. Empower animals, from dogs and horses to cats and rhinos, to thrive!
Participate in a certification camp or an online learning class! We are currently offering two Perception Modification classes: 1) Conditioned Relaxation and 2) Cycles
Perception Modification (PM) is a process of empowering animals to cope with stresses and manage their emotions. It has two steps, Conditioned Relaxation and Cycles.
1) Conditioned Relaxation: how to teach animals to become calm and maintain calm, on cue.
2) Cycles: how to use Conditioned Relaxation to solve fear, reactivity, and other emotionally based behavior problems.
Both classes have the same options, “VIdeo” and “Non-Video” Just note which class(es) you are ordering in your order instructions. So, for example, if you are ordering two video classes, just put two in the amount slot, and indicate that you are purchasing both classes at once.
You will need both classes, and they can be taken in sequence, or at the same time (recommended). Once you register for class, you receive links to all the downloadable lectures, class notes and class access information.
These courses are comprised of a series of lectures and live discussions with Kayce, herself. The live discussions provide an opportunity to ask questions, discuss cases, and follow cases. Students can pose questions verbally or write their questions out and submit them in real-time during the live chat. The recorded lectures are also made available for download to all registered class participants (as .mp3s), a valuable reference resource for students to review at any time.
The chats will not be made available as recordings, to preserve the privacy of participants. The recordings will be available during the span of the class, and for one month following. Class discussions hold on Sundays, for at least 4 weeks. This is a remote learning curriculum. Students participate in the class from the comfort of their own homes, using their own computer and phone. Once enrolled, students are given a call-in number and the link to the live chat room.
Conditioned Relaxation and Cycles WITH VideoTwo keys to the perception modification program
- Students choosing to add the video component to the Conditioned Relaxation and Cycles Course will enjoy the benefit of having videos of them practicing the skills they learn each week in their own training sessions (which they submit online) personally reviewed and by Kayce Cover. Students report that Kayce’s personal feedback on their work/videos greatly enhances their learning experience.
Conditioned Relaxation and Cycles WITHOUT VideoTwo keys to the perception modification program
- Includes the standard Conditioned Relaxation and Cycles Course, including the lectures and live chat/discussions with Kayce Cover, but does not include the optional video component.
Basics of Operant Conditioning and the Basics of Cognitive Training WITH VideoTwo keys to Bridge and Target Technique
- Students choosing to add the video component to the Bridge and Target Technique Course will enjoy the benefit of having videos of them practicing the skills they learn each week in their own training sessions (which they submit online) personally reviewed and with Kayce Cover. Students report that Kayce’s personal feedback on their work/videos greatly enhances their learning experience.
Basics of Operant Conditioning and Basics of Cognitive Training WITHOUT VideoTwo keys to Bridge and Target Technique
- Includes the standard Bridge and Target Course, including the lectures and live chat/discussions with Kayce Cover, but does not include the optional video component.